Feb 4 Breakfast: Chorizo Pepper Hash
So today’s breakfast is the same as yesterday’s, but I made it rather than M, so that makes it special. Here’s the recipe!
Recipe: Chorizo Hash Bake
Serves 2. Takes about 20 minutes, give or take.
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 pound chorizo
- Half a large green pepper
- Half a large red pepper
- Half a red onion
- Special equipment: cast iron skillet
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Heat your cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- While your skillet heats up, start chopping up your peppers and onion.
- Add the chorizo to the skillet, breaking it up as it heats.
- Once cooked (once it’s browned), transfer your chorizo to a plate with a paper towel to soak up the excess oil.
- Swipe out the excess oil from the skillet with a paper towel - no need to scrub…you just want to remove the excess.
- Add the veggies and sauté until soft - about 4 minutes.
- Add the chorizo back in, stir it all together, then make four little holes in the hash where you will place your eggs.
- Crack and deposit the eggs into the holes you just created.
- Throw it in the oven and cook. For over easy eggs, I’m guessing about 4-6 minutes. For medium, about 6-8 minutes, and for fairly firm eggs, about 8-10 minutes.
- Pull it out, and use a spatula to carefully lift the eggs into a plate or bowl.