July 31 OTF Workout
My last free session at Orangetheory Fitness was an endurance one. I spent most of the time in the orange zone, which isn’t exactly what they want you to do, despite the name. Specifically, they say to ultimately strive for:
- Green zone for 20-30 minutes
- Orange zone for 12-20 minutes
- Red zone for “a small amount of time”
So I guess I have some work to do in getting my heart rate down. As I’ve mentioned before, my heart rate has a history of running high, even when I’m in better shape than I am now so I don’t mind running a bit high in orange and red. But I’ll be looking forward for more green to show up.
Strength tonight was LOTS of reps. While I finished some of the moves (noted below), the rest I only got through about half.
- Calf raises x 100 - finished!
- Push-ups x 100
- Air squats x 100
- TRX bicep curls x 100
- Single-arm dumbbell swings x 100
- Bench toe touches x 100
- Bench fly overs x 50- finished!
- Double crunches x 50 - finished!
Cardio was to do intervals of decreasing treadmill distance and increasing rowing distance. I walked about 2.62mi and rowed about 1600 meters:
- Power walk 1.5 miles, then 0.75, then 0.25, then 0.12
- Row 200m, then 400, then 800, then 1200